This recipe evolved through my attempts to recreate the salsa served at the Topanga Cafe in Vancouver.
(makes about 1 cup)
- 450g tin of whole tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 a chilli pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- Drain the juice from the tin of tomatoes.
- Blitz the garlic and chilli in a mini-chopper (or chop finely).
- Add the whole tomatoes and pulse until they are broken up, but still have some texture. (Or do this by hand by mashing with a fork.)
- Stir in the cumin, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Chop the coriander, and stir it in.
- Leave the salsa to sit for half an hour for the flavours to marry before serving.