This spinach and abura age miso soup makes a change from the tofu and wakame version I usually serve when we have Japanese food.
Spinach and abura age miso soup
- 1 sachet dashi stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a small bunch of fresh spinach, cut crosswise into strips
- 1 piece of abura age (fried tofu), cut crosswise into strips
- 2 tbsp light miso
- Mix the dashi stock according to the packet instructions. You need four cups of stock.
- Heat the stock in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Add the soy sauce and salt.
- Remove a bit of hot stock and use it to loosen the miso a bit. Add the miso to the pot, stirring until dissolved.
- Heat the soup almost to the boiling point. Add the spinach and abura age, turn off the heat and serve immediately.