Argentina’s World Cup dinner was always going to be about beef. Great quality meat, salted and grilled slowly – what’s not to like? The chimichurri recipe comes from the Hot and Spicy cookbook by Marlena Spieler.
- 4 good quality steaks, suitable for grilling
- coarse salt
- Heat your barbeque or grill pan until it’s good and hot.
- Pat the meat dry with paper towel, then oil it with your hands.
- Season the steaks generously with salt. Place them on the grill and sear for five minutes.
- Turn the meat, then either reduce the heat to medium high, or move the steaks so they are not directly over the coals. Cook to the desired doneness.
- Rest the steaks for five minutes before serving with chimichurri sauce.
(makes one cup)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 chillies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tb white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients. This will keep for three to four days (covered) in the refrigerator. (I’ve found it keeps a lot longer than that.)
Family score: 8.8 out of 10