We spent Easter in Bahrain visiting friends, where we were introduced to a drink called lemon mint. One glass and we were hooked, ordering it at every opportunity.
Lemon juice and fragrant mint are blended with ice to make a lovely, refreshing pick-me-up. The key is not to over-sweeten the mix – add just enough sugar to take the edge off the lemon’s sharpness. Typically served in tall glasses, I find these highball-sized ones suffice in the decidedly cooler UK.
(2 tall or 4 short drinks)
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tb sugar syrup or agave (or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- 7 or 8 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in the jug of a blender or Nutribullet, and blitz until completely smooth.
- Serve with a straw, over ice.