I adapted this recipe from the one I found on the Celtnet website.
N’dolé aux crevettes
- 5 Tb vegetable oil (divided)
- 500g prawns, peeled
- 350g n’dolé (bitterleaf) (or substitute kale or sorrel – I used a mix of both)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (ie, not the sugary kind)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 chillies, minced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 lemons
- salt and pepper
- Heat 3 Tb of the oil in heavy bottomed pot, add the onions and fry until lightly coloured.
- Add the garlic, chillies, red pepper and tomato. Cook for ten minutes, then stir in the leaves.
- Season to taste, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat to low, cover and cook gently for twenty minutes, stirring frequently to keep from sticking.
- After ten minutes, heat 2 Tb of oil to a pan, add the prawns, and cook until pink.
- Add to the stew, or arrange the prawns on top. Serve with steamed rice.
Family score: 7.5 out of 10