I was going to steam some mange tout to accompany the salmon phyllo parcels, but decided to shred them into an Asian-style slaw instead. I just go with whatever vegetables I have on hand – cabbage, carrots, peppers, bean sprouts, celery, and daikon radish are all options.
I usually add grated ginger to the dressing as well, but I thought the fish had that base covered.
Asian slaw with citrus miso dressing
- 1/2 a small white cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips or grated
- 50g mange tout, shredded lengthwise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb white miso
- 1 Tb rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- a pinch of sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tb sesame seeds
- Toss the cabbage, carrot, mange tout, and green onion together in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the miso, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.
- Slowly whisk in the orange juice, followed by the sesame oil. Adjust the flavours to your liking.
- Toss the vegetables with the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.